Welcome, my friend are you searching about CSS subjects if yes then your search comes ended here. Do you know? Choosing the subjects is an effective task for the candidates. Candidates waste most of their time due to a lack of information for the selection of subjects.
And what are the 12 subjects of CSS? according to the FPSC CSS curriculum, CSS content is divided into two major categories: compulsory and optional subjects. Below are the details of these two categories.
Compulsory Subjects (600MARKS)
|English (Precis and Composition) witing||100|
|General Science & Ability||100|
|Islamic Studies or Comparative Study of Major Religions (For Non-Muslims)||100|
Total: (600) MCQ computerized OMR will be tried on the answer sheet, while subject questions will be tried on the answer book.
Optional Subjects (600MARKS)
Group-1 One subject carrying 200 marks
|Accountancy & Auditing||200|
Group-2 One subject carrying 100 marks
Group-3 One subject carrying 100 marks
|Governance & Public Policies||100|
|Town Planning & Urban Management||100|
Group-4 One subject carrying 100 marks
|Islamic History & Culture||100|
|Islamic History & Culture||100|
|History of USA||100|
Group-5 One subject carrying 100 marks
|Agriculture & Forestry||100|
Group-6 One subject carrying 100 marks
|Muslim Law & Jurisprudence||100|
Group-7 One subject carrying 100 marks
|Journalism & Mass Communication||100|
Some Information about CSS Exam
- You must choose twelve (12) subjects, Six (6) subjects are compulsory, and the other six (6) are optional.
- For each of the subjects will be two papers of 100 marks which collectively will be 200 marks. In other subjects, one paper will be of 3 hours duration.
- In the written exam, there are some objective-type questions (MCQs) in compulsory and optional papers except for the essay, applied mathematics, and pure mathematics papers.
- The qualifying marks for the compulsory papers are 40% and for the optional papers 30%.
- The Question Papers in Urdu or other Pakistani regional languages (Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, and Pashto), Arabic, and Persian should be answered in the respective languages. In addition, questions relating to translation from a respective language into English or another language may be answered as directed in the question paper. The question paper in Islamic Studies or Comparative Study of Major Religions is to be answered in English or Urdu only and all other papers must be answered in English.
- An aspirant who does not appear in any compulsory or optional subject will not be allowed to appear in the remaining papers of the Examination.
- These three papers of General Knowledge (GK-1, GK-2 & GK-3) are to be passed collectively by scoring 120 marks from 300.
- A candidate has to four parts of the CSS Exam: 1. Written Exam 2. Medical Test 3. IQ Test 4. Viva Voce
CSS Eligibility Criteria:
Age Limits: Minimum 21 years – Maximum 30 Years
At least Second Division or Grade “C” Bachelor’s degree from a Pakistani or a foreign university recognized by the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
Note: A candidate who has obtained a third division (or ‘D’ grade) in his bachelor’s degree will be eligible for the examination where he has obtained a higher division in his master’s degree.
DOMICILE: A domicile certificate of the concerned area is required to apply for the provincial/regional quota.
NATIONALITY: A Citizen of Pakistan or the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
CSS Exam Centers
The CSS examination are held simultaneously at
- Dera Ghazi Khan
depending on the number of applicants for each center.
CSS Interviews Centers:
The interviews will be held in Lahore, Islamabad, Multan, Karachi, Peshawar & Quetta.
CSS Past Papers
Below you will find all the compulsory subjects of CSS exams from 2018 to 2021 with free pdf, just click on the button and it will give you the PDF format of CSS from 2019 to 2021. Will provide Let’s get into it.
1. English Essay, Past Papers
2. English Precis and Composition, Past Papers
3. General Science & Ability, Past Papers
4. Current Affairs, Past Papers
5. Pakistan Affairs, Past Papers
6. Islamic Studies, Past Papers
You can read more Optional subjects On this CSS Aspirants