- Ph.D, Master, Bachelor, Course
- 31 March 2023
As part of our core mission of democratizing data skills globally, DataCamp is launching its Everyone Can Learn Python Scholarship.
- Python is one of the fastest-growing programming languages in the world and it’s an excellent skill for students of all disciplines to add to their skill set.
- DataCamp would like to help students get started learning this vital technical skill for free.
- Applications will be open from September 1, 2022, until March 31, 2023.
- The scholarship winner and runners-up will be announced on or around 1st May 2023 and will be directly contacted before this date.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for this scholarship
- Currently enrolled in secondary school, post-secondary school, or a postgraduate degree program.
- Do not have a post-secondary degree in computer science, data science, data analytics, or a similar or related field of study
- Please see https://www.datacamp.com/scholarship/learn-python/terms-conditions for further details and exclusions.
- $5,000 for the winner to use towards further learning or formal education
- $1,000 for 5 runners-up to support their education
- To participate, fill out the brief application form at https://www.datacamp.com/scholarship/learn-python/form.
- After submitting the form, you will create a free DataCamp account.
- Complete the free Introduction to Python and Introduction to SQL courses to prepare for the challenge.
- Use your newly acquired knowledge to complete the 2 challenges and submit your responses.
- There is no cost to participate and your contact information will not be shared with a third party.
Winner Selection Criteria:
- The entrant who scores the highest in the scholarship challenge will be deemed the winner.
- Please see the scholarship application page for a full breakdown of the marking criteria.
- In the event of a tie, DataCamp reserves the right to determine a winner based on other criteria, such as XP.