MEXT Scholarship 2022: Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) advertises undergraduate scholarships for international / Pakistani college students who wish to visit Japanese universities under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program.
MEXT scholarship is to be had for nearly all fields of research along with MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy, Engineering, Sciences, Arts, Computer science, and Business Administration.
MEXT offers 9,500 annual scholarships for international students including Pakistani students. The MEXT Scholarship is the largest scholarship program by the Japanese government. The Japanese government covers all costs during the scholarship period.
Students can apply to any program at any Japanese university. MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships are open to all majors and universities. Knowledge of the Japanese language and IELTS/TOEFL are not required for the MEXT Japan scholarship.
|International||Merit Based||All Pakistan||Bachelor||All Fields||31-05-2022|
The deadline to submit documents for the Japanese MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship is May 31, 2022. The application can be submitted to the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan.
MEXT Japan Scholarship covers:
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month.
- An additional regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be included in the monthly scholarship amount for study or research grants specifically in designated areas.
- Tuition Fees: Entrance exams, matriculation, and tuition fees at universities will be paid through MEXT.
- Travel Expenses: MEXT will determine the travel schedule and route, and will provide airline tickets for grants arriving in Japan.
Fields of Studies offered under MEXT Undergraduate scholarship
MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy, Nursing, Veterinary Medicine, Hygiene,
Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics,
Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Chemistry, Forestry, Food Science,, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Fisheries
Engineering & Technology
Electronics, Information Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Textile Engineering, Mining Engineering, Biotechnology, Maritime Engineering,
Law, Politics, Sociology, Pedagogy, Literature, History, Business Administration Japanese Language, Economics
Eligibility Criteria for the MEXT Japanese Undergraduate Scholarship
- Academic Background: Applicants must meet one of the following conditions. However, applicants seeking direct placement must satisfy applicants who have completed 12 years of training in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who meet the above condition by March 2021 are eligible.
- However, applicants wishing to enroll through direct placement beginning in the fall semester are expected to complete 12 years of training by August 2021.)
- Applicants who have graduated from a school equivalent to a Japanese senior high school in countries other than Japan. Eligible are applicants who meet the above condition by March 2022.
- Applicants who have successfully passed the Academic Proficiency Test are equivalent to completing 12 years of education in countries other than Japan. Japanese Language: Applicants should be prepared to learn Japanese.
- Scholarship holder studying at a preparatory educational institution before enrolling at a university: The scholarship period is five years, including one year of preparatory Japanese classes and other subjects to be completed upon arrival in Japan.
The duration of the scholarship is seven years for scholarship holders in the fields of medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, or a six-year apprenticeship in pharmacy.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan
- Age: Applicant must be born on or after April 2, 1997
- Health: Applicant must be medical fit
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be interested in learning the Japanese language.
- Academic Background: Applicants must have completed 12 years of schooling in their home country.
The following documents are required for the MEXT Bachelors Scholarship.
- MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form
- Download Here
- Mark Sheet Form
- Download Here
- Transcript or mark sheet of the Secondary School and Higher Secondary School
- Certificates of the SSC and HSSC
- Recommendation Letter
- Medical Certificate
- Certificate of enrollment (only for those who are currently enrolling in university at home countries).
- Hope certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final result is expected by August 2021)
Download MEXT Scharship past paper samples for the preparation of more information.