Mines Labor Welfare Commissioner, Government of Punjab offers scholarships for children of miners. Applications for scholarships may be submitted for students enrolled in primary classes in master’s degree programs. Mines Labor Welfare Commissioner Office will pay an annual stipend to the students. A scholarship application can be submitted for a maximum of two children per family.
Application for the scholarship can be submitted at the Mines Labor Welfare Offices located in various cities. The last date for submission of the application form has been extended to 15 November 2022.
Punjab Mines Welfare Commission Scholarship Yearly Stipend
A yearly stipend will be paid to the students according to the following:
- Class 1 to 5: PKR: 1200/-
- Class 6 to 8: PKR: 15000/-
- Class 9-10: PKR: 18,000/-
- Class 11-12: PKR: 24,000/-
- Graduate: BA/BSc/B.Com (14 years) –
- Day Scholars: PKR: 30,000/-Graduate: BA/BSc/B.Com (14 years) – Boarder: PKR: 40,000/-Postgraduate/Masters/BS/BBA/Medical/Engineering –
- Day Scholars: PKR: 60,000/-Postgraduate/Masters/BS/BBA/Medical/Engineering – Boarder: PKR: 80,000/-
Eligibility Criteria for Mines Labor welfare commissioner Punjab Scholarship
The worker needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- A person is qualified as a miner if he fulfills the definition of the worker as defined in the mining industrial and commercial employment ordinance 1968, is registered with EOBI, and has a minimum of 3 years of employment.
- However, there is no employment duration requirement for Categories 1, 2, and 3.
- Those who are not registered with EOBI may submit an Affidavit attested by Notary Public and respective assistant mines labor welfare commissioner with their complete data.
- Children of deceased/disabled workers are also eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Students studying in Mines Labour welfare organization/Punjab worker’s welfare board’s schools are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Students availing of scholarships from the worker welfare board are also not eligible to apply.
- Prep and nursery class students are not eligible.
- Retired workers who are receiving a pension from EOBI are eligible.
How to apply for Mines Labour Welfare Commissioner Punjab Scholarship
Application forms can be obtained from Mines Labor officer’s offices in Chakwal, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Khushab, D.G Khan, and Multan. Incomplete applications will be rejected. The candidates need to submit the following set of documents along with their admission application form at the time of admission:
- Miner’s CNIC.
- Worker/ miner’s Social Security Card/ Old Age Benefit Card.
- Attested copy of worker’s firm card or appointment letter
- CNIC/ Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA of the prospective student.
- In the case of a deceased/ disabled worker/ miner, proof of receiving a Death Grant/ Disability Pension needs to be submitted.